August 23, 2009

Now entertain...

Hello everyone! New York has officially opened it's arms to us: it was not but three hours ago that we had to call paramedics to aid the passed-out drunken man lying on our stoop with a paper bagged can of beer. Other such adventures include the zoo, and a fun party in the East Village with a breathtaking view of the New York City skyline, which because I was not equipped to capture in photography, you'll have to picture in your mind's eye. It has since cooled down slightly here, thanks to Hurricane Bill, who is causing localized T-storms, sudden downpours and riptides so vicious that swimming is currently banned in the city of New York -- Surfing, however, is fine.
Shakespeare seems to be our current focus in school. Between reading "The Two Gentlemen of Verona" (a play which I would not recommend to anyone, ever) and memorizing the Act IV prologue from Henry V (I play I would recommend to everyone, always), we're fully saturated. It seems that the majority of my book budget was spent purchasing Shakespeare glossaries, his collected works, and the first folio. This is not a complaint. I love the Bard. It is slightly irritating, however, to deal with things which you learned in high school literature class. I imagine my boredom in the class will quickly dissipate as it always does. Mostly I'm complaining about a world in which people can graduate from high school without knowing the difference between alliteration and assonance.

Well, I must be getting back to some homework, so I'll leave you with a picture of Giordana, if she were the Hungriest Caterpillar. A scary thought indeed.

Garry

No comments: